Total Pageviews

Homeless

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Media Spotlight I

Detainees Allege Being Drugged, Questioned (National)
U.S. Denies Using Injections for Coercion

This article said, "At least two dozen other former and current detainees at Guantanamo Bay and elsewhere say they were given drugs against their will or witnessed other inmates being drugged, based on interviews and court documents."
According to one witness under sleep deprivation he remembered, "I said, 'Let me go. I want to go to sleep. If it takes saying I'm a member of al-Qaeda, I will.'"

The Defense Department and the CIA deny all accusations. However according to a memo written by John C. Yoo, a Justice Department lawyer at the time, the article said,"he argued that drugs could be used as long as they did not inflict permanent or "profound" psychological damage."

There would b e no need to write such a memo unless drugs were at least thought about being used in interogations. I am actually surprised the administration even lies about these events anymore. It seems no matter what happens nothing is going to change or get them taken out of office. It is nice to know they still actually try to make it look like they may not want to look guilty of such wrong doings. In reality, I do not think they care one little bit how evil they look or become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive